Finally, the summers are here! As excited as we become about all the lavish beach parties and pool get-togethers, we still worry about the vicious sun tanning. So how to enjoy all the fun in the summer basket without damaging our precious flesh from the harsh attack of the UV rays? Scroll down to find out.
1. Apply a minimum one ounce of sunscreen, 15 to 30 minutes before stepping outside.
2. Don’t forget to apply a lip balm or lipstick with a sunscreen base to protect your lips from the harmful UV rays.
3. Reapply sunscreen every two hours if you are out in the sun. Reapply it every hour if you are swimming or sweating.
4. Limit the amount of time you are out in the sun. You can practice the shadow rule: if your shadow is shorter than you, the sun’s rays are at their strongest, and you should find shade.
5. Avoid sunbeds as they pump out huge amounts of UVA and can increase your risk of skin cancer by 75%.
6. Take a daily dose of 25g beta-caretone supplement to boost the skin’s natural defense system against UV rays by improving its ability to tan.
7. Increase your intake of foods like tomatoes, oranges, etc. as they are rich in antioxidants and boost the production of lycopene in the skin that works as a natural SPF.