Some people struggle to keep their weight from falling off the normal range during the month of Ramadan, here are few steps to avoid losing weight.
- Have your Iftar in two stages: First have dates, soup and salad. Then go for Maghreb Prayer and come back to have your main dish. In this way you would have given your stomach enough time to prepare for the main dish.
- Good to Remember: If you feel full quickly during Ramadan, then make sure you drink water between your meals and not with them. Have 1 glass at the beginning of Iftar, wait a couple of minutes then enjoy your meal. The rest (6-7 glasses of water or fluids) can be divided within your non-fasting hours but only 2 hours after food.
- Enrich your dishes with healthy calories: Sprinkle a generous amount of olive oil to your salad, or slice some olives on your baked, low fat cheese sambosa. You can also add some nuts over your salads and Ramadan desserts.
- Have an extra nutritious snack between your Iftar and Suhour: When you are out for the evening, have mankoushe with a glass of laban, a bowl of hummus (balila) with a glass of fruit cocktail juice or simply a cheese sandwich and a glass of milk. Remember to take your sweets after this snack so you fill up on nutritious foods first.
- Make sure to have your Suhour: It will be very difficult to meet your nutritional requirements with just one meal. This is why it is absolutely essential to have a proper Suhour to provide your body with the additional calories vital for your wellbeing, and to prevent any undesirable weight loss. For example, you can have a bowl of foul mudammas sprinkled with a generous quantity of olive oil, a small loaf of brown Arabic bread, some olives, a glass of milk and a bowl of fruit salad in fruit syrup.
An Algerian news website aims at covering all the country’s territory through providing objective and positive image, focusing the most on breaking news.