Tamina – Algerian Toasted Semolina and Honey Sweet
For The Tamina
- 1 cup of ground semolina (medium or coarse)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (or margarine)
- 2 tablespoons of natural set honey
For The Decorations
- ground cinnamon
- silver dragees
- In a saucepan heat the semolina over a medium-high heat. Keep shaking the pan until the semolina is evenly toasted & a rich golden brown colour. Pour into a bowl & set aside.
- Melt the butter / margarine in the empty pan you used to toast the semolina. Remove from the heat & stir in the honey.
- Pour the semolina back into the pan & mix well to combine it with the butter & honey. If you notice the semolina mixture is too runny or has a little extra butter on top, just add a little extra semolina to the pan. If the semolina mixture is a little too stiff to pour, add 1 teaspoon extra of both the butter & the honey & mix well.
- Pour the semolina mixture out onto a small dinner plate or side plate & decorate with the cinnamon, silver balls & any additional items you like ( I used satin bows & a paper tea roses in the pic ) To make a pretty pattern with the cinnamon, use the rim of a small tea glass or shaped cookie cookers dipped in the ground cinnamon. HEALTHY APETITE