Barcelona Attack: The death toll increased to 15

0
10

The death toll from the two attacks in Barcelona and Cambrils in Spain has raised to 15 deaths, said Catalan Interior Minister, Joaquim Forn, on Monday.

It is a 34-year-old man from Vilagranca Del Penedes, found dead inside a car that had escaped police control hours after the killing of Barcelona, ​​and then reappeared near Barcelona, in Sant Just Desvern, he said at a press conference.

The police have not linked this incident to the attacks in Catalonia so far.

The driver of the van, who drove into the crowd last, Thursday in Barcelona, ​​has been identified, said Monday the Catalan police.

Meanwhile, the Catalan Minister of the Interior, Joaquim Forn, confirmed on Monday that it would be “Younès Abouyaaqoub, always sought”.

“Everything indicates that, Younes Abouyaaqoub, is the driver of the van,” he said, adding that this attack and the incident on Diagonal Avenue, when a car forced a police check and was Found soon after in the suburbs of Barcelona, ​​are probably connected.

Mr Forn also noted that security services are currently forbidding the possibility of an imminent attack, hence maintaining the level of anti-terrorism alert at level 4 on a scale of 5.

Spain was shaken by two terrorist attacks in less than ten hours, killing 14 people and injuring about 100 people. The first one at the van, committed Thursday in the late afternoon in the heart of Barcelona, ​​while the second, with the same operating mode, was perpetrated in the early hours of Friday in the seaside resort of Cambrils near Tarragona , About a hundred kilometers from the Catalan capital.

These attacks were claimed by ISIS terrorists group.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here